I wanted to come up with some unique ideas for the produce in this week's box. So, rather than focusing on main dishes, let's throw some ideas out there for breakfast and lunch!
Here's what we got!
3 green peppers
1 pint sweet cherry tomatoes
1 large white onion
4 sweet potatoes
8 medium tomatoes
6 sweet corn
1 medium hot pepper
3 yellow summer squash
1 "mess" of green beans
Here's what to do with it!
1. Blueberry Peach Oatmeal: I love fresh fruit in my oatmeal. This recipe from Eating Bird Food looks perfect!
2. Pina Colada Zucchini Bread: This recipe was apparently a winner at the Pennsylvania Farm Show and I can see why! The tropical flavors have me salivating already!
3. Zucchini Frittata: Frittatas are the Italian solution to using up small amounts of leftover veggies. If you've never given it a try, let me assure you that creating a frittata is quick, easy, and delicious! You can add all manner of leftover veggies to an egg base and then cook over low heat until the eggs are set. This recipe features the zucchini from this week's box. Frittata is perfect for, literally, any meal of the day!
4. Apples 'n" Cream Pancakes: A Dutch pancake is absolutely perfect for a Sunday brunch! It is actually one large pancake, traditionally prepared in a cast iron skillet and then baked in the oven. The result is a fluffy tasty delight!
1. Refrigerator Bread and Butter Pickles: I once had someone give me a huge amount of cucumbers at the end of the growing season. I made two gallons of these refrigerator pickles and they were amazing! No specialized canning equipment needed. They will last in your fridge for 3 months.
2. Baked Zucchini Fries: Low carb Paleo fans take note! This recipe is for you! The zucchini offers you a veggie choice with low carbs. Substitute a gluten free flour for the all-purpose flour and you have a sure winner! I can make a few easy changes and it's even great for Vegans like me! Eat it with the veggie "Big Mac" burger.
3. The Best Veggie "Big Mac" Burger with Radicchio Slaw: Even if you aren't a veggie burger fan, this looks mouth-watering! The photos alone are worth heading over to the recipe on the link. This burger uses zucchini, onion, and carrot from the CSA Box.
4. Mediterranean Baked Sweet Potatoes: It's a meal on one plate! Simple, 30-minute baked sweet potatoes topped with roasted chickpeas, a simple garlic-herb sauce and a parsley-tomato salad. Delicious, fresh, healthy, and naturally vegan and gluten free. I served it with mixed raw veggies, a fruit salad, and green beans simmered with onion and tomatoes.
5. Brown Rice Stuffed Green Peppers: Using the corn, tomatoes, and peppers from the CSA box, this is a healthy version of your Grandmother's stuffed peppers. They've taken out the meat and added brown rice and extra veggies. Yum!
Don't Miss Any of Our Posts!
Follow me on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/underthemedian/
Sign up to receive my posts via e-mail by filling in the "follow by e-mail" link on the main page.
Check it out our new Youtube channel and subscribe at:
Do all to the glory of God,